- Helvetica originated at the Haas Type Foundry in Switzerland.
- Helvetica means Switzerland in Latin.
- It was created in 1957.
- Helvetica brought Swiss design into world wide popularity.
- 3 different design styles: modernism, high modernism, grunge typography.
- I learned that design can help make the viewer think different things about media. Helvetica is pretty neutral so it is more up to interpretation.
1. Wim Crouwel is a Dutch graphic designer, type designer and typographer. He is known for planning out his typography on a system of grids to make type look very ordered. http://veerle.duoh.com/design/article/wim_crouwel_a_graphic_odyssey
2.Neville Brody is an English graphic designer, typographer and art director. He is well known for his work in The Face magazine.
3.Hermann Zapf was a German typeface designer and calligrapher. He is best known for making the Palatino and Zapf Dingbats fonts.